Monday, July 26, 2010

An eye opener

I was not at all under any stress on the way but my conscious did not analyse a string of questions, would soon be going thrown to me. I reached at the institute with a file of certificates only, supporting staff reviewed it and asked for print copies of articles, I had written. I was not keeping them with me at that point of time. I was away from all seriousness but somewhere was confident to reply on whatever they are going to ask. I saw two candidates who were quite serious about the interview and that was reflecting from their actions. Why they two were only serious? Why I am not serious as they are? I, myself answered on my questions, now, I become a careless professional and must be over confident that’s why I am not so serious about the Interview. Again another question struck, why is this carelessness?

In the mean time, my turn to face the panel arrived. The environment was very cool, all panelist were having a photocopy of my form/bio-data and all of them carefully going through it.

They questioned, like:

  • Why you would like to leave your present job?
  • You are working in small institute, how you will facilitate the big institute (university) like us?
  • How you would manage online literacy programme by using open source software?
    • Name any of the open source software, being used of information literacy programme?
    • How you would make a video for information literacy programme without spending any amount?
  • Tell us about rendering of “suresh kumar” (Name changed), to control wrong entries in the union catalogue?
  • How many Indians won the Booker prize, what are their names and books written by them?
  • What is the actual birth place of Shakespeare?


I heard all the questions, answered only 20% of these confidently, tried to give explanation for 30% but was mum on almost 50% questions.

I was not feeling happy on my performance but was started evaluating myself. On realising my performance, even I had not tired to persuade them with any of my explanation. In my eyes, I found myself completely at new ignored place, which was low and far below from a professional’s realm. I started feeling happy with the decision that I would surely be preparing myself for other interviews. I wish to be like the two serious professionals who I had seen during the interview. This interview is really an eye opener for me, now, I am trying to be ready for small or any big similar occasions with complete professional attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites